Connect with us

Us

Suspect arrested in shooting in protest of Breonna Taylor in Kentucky

Published

on

louisville breonna taylor.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled


LOUISVILLE, Ky. – A suspect was arrested for the death of a Kentucky man who was fatally shot in the middle of a protest in Louisville over the murder of Breonna Taylor, police said Sunday.

The suspect was hospitalized and interviewed by homicide investigators, Louisville Acting Police Chief Robert Schroeder said at a press conference. The man’s name was not immediately revealed.

Police were consulting with prosecutors on the criminal charges to be filed, Schroeder said. Neither Schroeder nor Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer said why the suspect was in the hospital.

Tyler Charles Gerth, 27, of Louisville, died after being shot in Jefferson Square Park in downtown Louisville, authorities said. The Courier Journal reported that Gerth was an avid photographer and vocal advocate for the ongoing protests whose godfather is a columnist for the newspaper.

In a video of the shooting shown during the press conference, the suspect was surrounded by several people before they were shot and people rushed to cover. Schroeder said the suspect had been participating in the protests since they began and that he had been arrested multiple times.

“Other members of the park had repeatedly asked him to leave because of his destructive behavior,” said Schroeder.

Another video posted on social media later showed at least one person bleeding profusely on the ground.

Several other people fired after the suspect started shooting, but no one else was hit, Fischer said.

“Whether they were there at the time of the shooting or not, I know the sadness of those who have been organizing and participating in peaceful protests for racial justice. This is not absolutely what they wanted or none of us wanted, “Fischer said. “We cannot allow a senseless act by an individual to derail that dream, that vision that we have as a city.”

The shooting was at least the second during nearly a month of protests in Louisville over Taylor’s death. Seven people were injured on May 28 when the gunfire erupted near the City Hall, prompting Taylor’s mother to issue a statement calling on people to demand justice “without hurting themselves.”

Taylor, a 26-year-old black woman, was killed at her Louisville home in March by police who were following a no-touch order. Protesters have been asking that the officers involved in his death be charged. One of the officers was recently fired.

Several dozen people gathered on Sunday in the park. A few Louisville police officers came to pass out flyers saying camping and overnight cooking was prohibited at the site, but protesters would be allowed to continue to meet during the day. Police removed the tents from the site and told protesters that they could collect them in a separate location.

John Kriner knelt for almost 30 minutes at the site to pray for peace. He said it was his first visit.

“I just want there to be peace and calm,” said Kriner.

For weeks, the park has been the epicenter of the protests in Louisville following the police killings of Taylor and George Floyd, who died last month at the hands of the Minneapolis police.

Taylor’s boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, was originally charged with attempted murder after shooting one of the officers who entered the home. Walker has said he thought he was defending himself against an intruder.

The search warrant that allows police entry without announcing their presence was recently banned by the Louisville Metro Council.

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Us

Former teacher Kim Connor jailed for “exploitative” relationship with student

Published

on

kim connor 11.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled

A former drama school teacher in England was sentenced to nine months in prison for forcing one of her students to have an “exploitative” sexual relationship, during which the girl performed alongside her at a Rod Stewart concert, according to the reports.

Kim Connor, a 46-year-old mother of two, began teaching the victim, now 31, at a performing arts school when she was just 9. About six years later, the couple attended West End shows, eating in restaurants and restaurants. even on vacation together, reports The Bury Times.

Connor, who was suspended as director of performing arts at RC High School of St. Monica in Prestwich when the allegations came up, had “taken the best years” of the victim’s life and left her struggling with mental problems, she said in the cut.

Prosecutor Darren Preston said the couple began to be loving by hugging and kissing when the girl was only 14 years old. A year later, Connor and the girl became “more sexual” and the student would stay at the teacher’s house when she was 16 years old. The newspaper reports.

Salford’s Connor gained the trust of the girl’s parents and told her to say she was 21 if someone asked her age in public, the Manchester Evening News reports.

“She knew very well that what she was doing was wrong,” Preston said in March of Connor, who said the sexual relationship began when the girl was 18 years old.

The victim, who said she still suffers from depression due to the illicit relationship that ended when she was 20, reportedly decided to expose the abuse in response to the #MeToo movement.

“What Kim Connor did affected me for years,” the victim told a judge in March. “She told me to keep the relationship a secret, not through emotion, but because it was wrong.”

Manchester Crown Court
Manchester Crown CourtDave Thompson / PA Images via Getty Images

Connor also bought tickets for the West End shows and invited her to sing onstage with her in a choir at a Rod Stewart concert in Manchester, reports The Sun.

Connor, who was sentenced Tuesday, will also have to register as a sex offender, The Bury Times reports.

“This was an abusive relationship and young people in situations like this can be harmed in many ways,” Judg John Edwards told Connor. “You should have taken steps to distance yourself from your victim rather than encourage her.”

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Us

Trump says raising the Confederate flag is a problem of “freedom of expression”

Published

on

trump flag.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled


President Trump said the decision to fly the Confederate flag comes down to “freedom of expression,” after criticizing NASCAR for banning the flag at its career events.

“My position is very simple: it is freedom of expression,” Trump said in an interview with the Nexstar broadcast Tuesday at the White House.

“You do what you do. It’s freedom of speech, “the president said.” NASCAR can do whatever it wants, and they’ve chosen to go a certain way, other people choose a different route. “

Trump said his Monday tweet about NASCAR should not be critical.

“I was talking about the fact that NASCAR chose to go a certain way and that will be up to them.” That depends on them, “he said.

In the post, Trump also suggested that Bubba Wallace apologize after assuming that a “knot” found at his garage stall last month was a hate crime, and the FBI determined that it was a garage tug that had been there since October 2019..

“@BubbaWallace apologized to all those great NASCAR drivers and officers who came to his aid, stood by him and were willing to sacrifice everything for him, only to discover that it was all just another HOAX?” said. “That Flag decision has caused the lowest ratings EVER!”

The rope was found at Talladega Speedway by a member of Richard Petty Motorsports who alerted Wallace’s crew.

The FBI, after an investigation, said the video showed that the rope had been hanging on the post since at least October.

Protests after George Floyd’s death while in police custody in Minneapolis have focused on reforming law enforcement agencies, but have also included overthrowing statues of historical figures, as well as calls for renamed bases US military with the names of Confederate soldiers.

NASCAR announced last month that it would ban the flag at its events and properties after Wallace urged the organization to remove the flags because “no one should feel uncomfortable when they come to a NASCAR race.”

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Us

Kanye West stops supporting Trump in interview on 2020 presidential race

Published

on

200708 kanye west trump.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled

Rapper Kanye West no longer supports President Trump, he announced Tuesday in an extensive interview.

Speaking to Forbes magazine, the billionaire sneaker tycoon, who announced his 2020 bid on Sunday, said he was “taking off his red hat, with this interview.”

West, who admitted in the interview that he had never voted before, did not provide specific reasons for his decision to stop supporting the president.

Instead, he said he had lost confidence in Trump and said, “It looks like a huge disaster to me.” I don’t like that he caught wind that he hid in the bunker. “

If President Trump was not yet the Republican candidate, West told the magazine that he would run as a Republican, adding that “I will run as an independent if Trump is there.”

President-elect Donald Trump and Kanye West are together in the lobby of the Trump Tower.
fake pictures

He said his third will be called “the birthday party” and added: “Because when we win, it’s everyone’s birthday.”

He noted that his two main advisers are his first supporters, Kim Kardashian and Elon Musk.

West went on to explain his original support for the president, saying that “Trump is the closest president we have had in years to allow God to remain part of the conversation.”

When asked about the Democratic party, West did not throw punches.

“That is a form of racism and white supremacy and white control to say that all black people need to be a Democrat and to assume that I am running is that I am dividing the vote.” Democrats are uploading all of that information to social media platforms. And the Democrats used to tell me, the Democrats themselves have threatened me … The reason this is the first day I registered to vote is because I was scared. They told me that if I voted for Trump, my music career would end. They threatened to be at a party.

“I was threatened as a black man in the Democratic Party. And that’s what Democrats are doing, emotionally, to my people. Threatening them to the point where this white man can tell a black man that if you don’t vote for me, you’re not black, “he said.

West has not taken any concrete steps to run to run for president, including declaring his candidacy.

In October 2018, he delivered an F-bomb and a cursing-filled tirade during a meeting in the Oval Office, after which President Trump said the rapper with the MAGA hat could one day fill his shoes as commander-in-chief.

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Trending