Connect with us

Us

ReOpen Maryland Co-Founder Catches Coronavirus, Will Not Help Contact Trackers

Published

on

maryland reopen founder 1a.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled


The leader of a group that battled Maryland’s coronavirus blocking measures is now seriously ill from the spread, but refuses to help contact trackers, according to reports.

Tim Walters, co-founder of ReOpen Maryland, whose protests included flashmobs of unmasked people, revealed in a video that he “crashed” last Wednesday and “had to go to the emergency room.”

“I thought I was actually having a stroke … it turns out I had COVID,” he said, asking for prayers.

Walters, a two-time Republican candidate for the General Assembly, warned his friends to watch out for possible symptoms, but insisted he would not help official contact trackers, according to the Capital Gazette.

“I will not share anyone’s information with the government. I won’t, “he said in other deleted videos, according to Capital Gazette.

“I did the right thing and contacted everyone I came up with who I had contact with … I don’t know what else the government could do,” he later told Wrongthink Radio. “It is not my business to give information to other people’s government.”

He later told the Maryland Daily Record newspaper that he had to remove some of his videos because his wife and son were targeted by “vitriolic messages,” and some prayed for the death of his family, he said.

Despite how sick he felt, he said he “has not changed” his views on blocking.

“In the end, I think everyone will get it, anyway,” he told the Daily Record.

“I knew this was a possibility and I got sick. OK, I’m going to take responsibility for it, “he told the newspaper.

Walters also insisted that his view of masks has not changed, saying “there is too much evidence that masks don’t work.”

“They really aren’t going to do anything,” he told the Daily Record, insisting that he “has no idea” how or when he became ill.

In calling the contagion “capricious,” he also called it Satan’s attempt to “stifle my voice.”

Instead, he plans to continue preaching his message on social media, he said, including his constant determination to fight official orders to stay home and wear masks.

“We have to decide as a nation whether this fear is worth our freedoms because once we lose them, we don’t get them back,” he said.

“Anyone who is waiting for the government to tell them to do the right thing because they couldn’t figure it out, they are going to be very disappointed,” Walters said.

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Us

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle hit Beverly Hills in an SUV

Published

on

0442DED7 A266 448E 9DE5 803DAEA91A2F.jpegquality90stripallw1200 scaled


Do what I say, not while I drive?

Despite their green schedule, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry recently traveled through Beverly Hills in a gasoline-powered SUV, the Daily Mail reported Saturday.

Photos obtained by the Post show the former royal couple appearing in a black Cadillac Escalade.

Online reviews have called the low miles-per-gallon Escalade as eco-friendly as a car owner, the Mail noted.

The couple has previously been criticized for urging the planet to save itself from global warming, but to use a private jet for international travel.

Last week, in a video condemning racial injustice, the couple encouraged Britain to “promote prosperity, democracy and peace, amplify the voice of small states and protect the environment.”

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Us

San Gabriel mission devastated by morning fire

Published

on

San Gabriel Mission.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled


The historic Southern California San Gabriel Mission, built in 1771, was devastated by a morning fire on Saturday.

There were no injuries.

According to NBC News, the nearly 250-year-old Roman Catholic mission contained many priceless artifacts that date back to its founding.

Much of the interior and roof were damaged by the fire, which is being investigated by the San Gabriel Fire Department.

Captain Antonio Negrete of the fire department called the scene “heartbreaking.”

Archbishop José Gómez tweeted photos of the destruction asking community members for prayers as repairs begin for the Southern California landmark.

Our beloved #SanGabrielMission, founded in 1771, devastated by fire before dawn. San Junípero Serra, pray for this land that you helped found.

Junipero Serra, who founded the mission, recently came under scrutiny for his colonization and brutalization of the Native Americans who occupied the land before settling there.

The Serra statue in Los Angeles collapsed in June amid numerous protests that erupted across the country calling for the removal of many racist statues.

Another Serra statue was beheaded in Monterrey in 2016.

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Us

John Wayne’s exhibition will be dismantled at USC due to the actor’s perceived intolerance

Published

on

1EA9D790 1245 4B23 A9D9 3F00EB972567.jpegquality90stripallw1200 scaled


A film school in California is canceling its John Wayne show because of what administrators call the late actor’s story of bigoted and homophobic statements.

The School of Motion Picture Arts at the University of Southern California announced last week that it would remove the interior exhibit, which featured stock photos and costumes from movies, accessories, and memorabilia.

The move was announced by the school via Twitter.

Wayne, who attended USC in the 1920s, told Playboy magazine in 1971: “I believe in white supremacy.”

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Trending