Connect with us

Us

Pakistan accuses 150 pilots accused of cheating for licenses

Published

on

AP 20177405563251 1.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled


ISLAMABAD – Pakistan’s state airline said on Thursday it will land 150 pilots, accusing them of obtaining licenses by having others take tests for them, a charge that followed an investigation into last month’s accident that killed 97 people in Karachi.

Abdullah Hafeez, a spokesman for Pakistan International Airlines, did not elaborate on the alleged deception, but said a process had been started to fire the pilots.

“We will ensure that such unskilled pilots never fly planes again,” he told The Associated Press. He said passenger safety was the airline’s top priority.

Alarmed by the situation, the International Air Transport Association said it was following reports from Pakistan “regarding fake pilot licenses, which are troubling and represent a serious lapse in licensing and safety oversight by the regulator of the aviation”.

The global airline organization said it was seeking more information.

The PIA’s move to land the pilots comes a day after the country’s aviation minister, Ghulam Sarqar Khan, said that 262 of the 860 Pakistani pilots had “fake” licenses. He made the revelation by presenting the preliminary findings of an investigation to parliament on the May 22 Airbus A320 crash.

The announcement surprised lawmakers in attendance at the National Assembly and shocked relatives of passengers who died last month when flight PK8303 fell after leaving the eastern city of Lahore, crashing into a congested residential area in Karachi. The accident killed 97 people, including all crew members. There were only two survivors on board and a girl died on the ground.

Neither Khan nor Hafeez disclosed additional details about the alleged methods pilots used to obtain licenses by mistake to fly commercial aircraft. Khan only said that the exams to obtain the required certificates, which are issued by the civil aviation authority, were not done.

But officials familiar with the process involved in issuing pilot licenses said that an unspecified number of people who had the skills to fly a plane but lacked technical knowledge had in the past bribed qualified people to take tests. They gave no further details.

Officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter, said Pakistan International Airlines learned of the scandal two years ago and fired at least four pilots at the time on charges of falsifying exams to obtain a license from the Civil Aviation Authority.

Hafeez said warnings were issued for all pilots he believed had tainted licenses.

Shortly after the May 22 accident, Pakistan announced that it would investigate the incident and share its findings.

Presenting the preliminary findings of the investigation to parliament on Wednesday, Khan said the pilot, before making his first unsuccessful landing attempt, ignored the air traffic control tower’s warnings when told that the plane was too high. For landing. However, he said the pilot and co-pilot were medically fit and qualified to fly.

The accident occurred when the plane attempted to land a second time. At that time, air traffic control told the pilot three times that the plane was too low to land, but he refused to listen, saying it would do so, Khan said. The minister added that, for its part, the air traffic control did not inform the pilots about the damage caused to the engines after the first failed attempt to land the plane.

“The plane’s engines were damaged when they scraped the runway, but air traffic control did not inform the pilot,” he said.

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Us

Former teacher Kim Connor jailed for “exploitative” relationship with student

Published

on

kim connor 11.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled

A former drama school teacher in England was sentenced to nine months in prison for forcing one of her students to have an “exploitative” sexual relationship, during which the girl performed alongside her at a Rod Stewart concert, according to the reports.

Kim Connor, a 46-year-old mother of two, began teaching the victim, now 31, at a performing arts school when she was just 9. About six years later, the couple attended West End shows, eating in restaurants and restaurants. even on vacation together, reports The Bury Times.

Connor, who was suspended as director of performing arts at RC High School of St. Monica in Prestwich when the allegations came up, had “taken the best years” of the victim’s life and left her struggling with mental problems, she said in the cut.

Prosecutor Darren Preston said the couple began to be loving by hugging and kissing when the girl was only 14 years old. A year later, Connor and the girl became “more sexual” and the student would stay at the teacher’s house when she was 16 years old. The newspaper reports.

Salford’s Connor gained the trust of the girl’s parents and told her to say she was 21 if someone asked her age in public, the Manchester Evening News reports.

“She knew very well that what she was doing was wrong,” Preston said in March of Connor, who said the sexual relationship began when the girl was 18 years old.

The victim, who said she still suffers from depression due to the illicit relationship that ended when she was 20, reportedly decided to expose the abuse in response to the #MeToo movement.

“What Kim Connor did affected me for years,” the victim told a judge in March. “She told me to keep the relationship a secret, not through emotion, but because it was wrong.”

Manchester Crown Court
Manchester Crown CourtDave Thompson / PA Images via Getty Images

Connor also bought tickets for the West End shows and invited her to sing onstage with her in a choir at a Rod Stewart concert in Manchester, reports The Sun.

Connor, who was sentenced Tuesday, will also have to register as a sex offender, The Bury Times reports.

“This was an abusive relationship and young people in situations like this can be harmed in many ways,” Judg John Edwards told Connor. “You should have taken steps to distance yourself from your victim rather than encourage her.”

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Us

Kanye West stops supporting Trump in interview on 2020 presidential race

Published

on

200708 kanye west trump.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled

Rapper Kanye West no longer supports President Trump, he announced Tuesday in an extensive interview.

Speaking to Forbes magazine, the billionaire sneaker tycoon, who announced his 2020 bid on Sunday, said he was “taking off his red hat, with this interview.”

West, who admitted in the interview that he had never voted before, did not provide specific reasons for his decision to stop supporting the president.

Instead, he said he had lost confidence in Trump and said, “It looks like a huge disaster to me.” I don’t like that he caught wind that he hid in the bunker. “

If President Trump was not yet the Republican candidate, West told the magazine that he would run as a Republican, adding that “I will run as an independent if Trump is there.”

President-elect Donald Trump and Kanye West are together in the lobby of the Trump Tower.
fake pictures

He said his third will be called “the birthday party” and added: “Because when we win, it’s everyone’s birthday.”

He noted that his two main advisers are his first supporters, Kim Kardashian and Elon Musk.

West went on to explain his original support for the president, saying that “Trump is the closest president we have had in years to allow God to remain part of the conversation.”

When asked about the Democratic party, West did not throw punches.

“That is a form of racism and white supremacy and white control to say that all black people need to be a Democrat and to assume that I am running is that I am dividing the vote.” Democrats are uploading all of that information to social media platforms. And the Democrats used to tell me, the Democrats themselves have threatened me … The reason this is the first day I registered to vote is because I was scared. They told me that if I voted for Trump, my music career would end. They threatened to be at a party.

“I was threatened as a black man in the Democratic Party. And that’s what Democrats are doing, emotionally, to my people. Threatening them to the point where this white man can tell a black man that if you don’t vote for me, you’re not black, “he said.

West has not taken any concrete steps to run to run for president, including declaring his candidacy.

In October 2018, he delivered an F-bomb and a cursing-filled tirade during a meeting in the Oval Office, after which President Trump said the rapper with the MAGA hat could one day fill his shoes as commander-in-chief.

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Us

Two of Thomas Jefferson’s descendants want their DC monument to be replaced

Published

on

thomas jefferson 03.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled


According to a report, two descendants of Thomas Jefferson said they wanted to replace his DC memorial because it glorifies the third president as Founding Father without providing context for his slavery.

Lucian Truscott, who is white, is a descendant of sixth-generation Jefferson, and Shannon LaNier, who is black, is a ninth-generation descendant of the former president and Sally Hemings, one of his slaves, CNN reported.

“I believe that many of these public statues were placed for the wrong reasons and to glorify people who were flawed. We have to start looking at these people as human beings, not gods, not idols, “LaNier told the network on Tuesday.

In response to the recent removal of monuments by activists across the United States, President Trump has signed an executive order for the creation of a “National Garden” of statues, including one of Jefferson.

The former president owned hundreds of slaves during his lifetime, but he is remembered for his famous writing: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.”

“He said one thing, but he didn’t practice it,” LaNier told CNN. “People have been giving him a pass for years because he helped found this country, but he also helped to do it behind the backs of the slaves, either because of the sweat of blood and the tears they had to put in order to do it.”

Truscott said he grew up playing at Monticello, Jefferson’s home in Virginia, which he says is a much more appropriate tribute to his ancestor.

“If you visit Monticello now, you will take a tour and learn as much about the life of slaves at Monticello as about Jefferson himself,” Truscott told CNN. “I think it gives a complete picture of Jefferson with his flaws and greatness intact.”

Truscott suggested replacing the Jefferson Memorial with a tribute to Harriet Tubman, leader of the subway, whom he described as one of the “founding mothers” of the United States.

“I think we have paid enough attention to the founding fathers over the years and it is time to celebrate some of the women who helped found this country,” she said.

“I describe that Harriet Tubman helped found the America that arose after slavery,” added Truscott.

LaNier said the Jefferson Memorial could also be replaced by a symbol of unity.

“We are not erasing history, we are teaching the full story of what these people are and what they did for and for our country,” he said.

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Trending