Connect with us

Us

Liz Cheney tweets former face mask vice president photo: “Real men wear masks”

Published

on

AP20136540483308.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled


Former Vice President Dick Cheney is complementing his cowboy hats with coronavirus face masks, and is joining the mocking hashtag #realmenwearmasks.

Cheney’s daughter, Wyoming Rep Liz Cheney tweeted a photo of her father Friday with a standard paper cover.

“Dick Cheney says WEAR A MASK,” he wrote in the caption.

The high-ranking House Republican apparently joined the online jab against President Trump and other Republican Party members who reject the masks.

The president has refused to wear a face mask in public, against the advice of his health experts.

VP-PSA occurred when the United States experiences a massive increase in new coronavirus cases.

On Thursday, the USA USA They broke their one-day record for COVID-19 cases when at least 40,173 people tested positive for the virus and more than 2,400 died.

And for Saturday morning
The United States recorded the largest single-day increase in new cases of coronavirus on Friday, as the number of deaths across the country exceeded 125,000, according to Johns Hopkins University.

There were just under 2.5 million confirmed cases in the United States on Saturday morning.

New York state continues to lead the nation in death toll, with 31,342 early Saturday, but more than 70,000 have recovered in the state.

Several states have begun to implement new security measures, such as mandatory facial coatings.

Others, like Florida and Texas, begin to reverse their reopens even as their respective governors, Ron DeSantis and Greg Abbott resist the mask requirements.

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Us

Trump administration warns against investing in Chinese companies

Published

on

trump kudlow mnuchin.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled


The Trump administration warned of investing in Chinese companies due to the possibility of sanctions and boycotts for the Chinese Communist Party’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic and its strong-armed response to pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong, according to a report.

National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien and Larry Kudlow, director of the National Economic Council, wrote in a letter to the United States Railroad Retirement Board that investments in China opened their retirees to “unnecessary economic risks,” the report said. Tuesday the New York Times. .

The letter also noted that the investments would put money in the hands of companies “that raise significant humanitarian and national security concerns,” including some that supply the Chinese military.

Citing a “moment of increasing uncertainty,” O’Brien and Kudlow said “the possibility of future sanctions or boycotts that may arise from a wide range of problems, including the Chinese government’s culpable actions regarding the global spread of the Covid – 19 pandemic, the suppression of democracy in Hong Kong. “

The Railroad Retirement Board, an independent federal agency, managed $ 28.3 billion in assets at the end of 2018, according to the report.

He said the board has placed the assets in a diversified portfolio like many private sector retirement plans have.

The White House warning comes at a time of heightened tension between Washington and Beijing.

President Trump blamed China for confusing his response to the coronavirus, which originated in Wuhan City.

And the world’s two largest economies have been involved in a trade war after Trump accused Beijing of treating American companies unfairly and stealing intellectual property.

Last week, China imposed a strict national security law in Hong Kong that cracks down on criticism of the Chinese Communist Party and penalizes “secession”, “subversion” and the organization of “terrorist activities”.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, in an interview Monday with Fox News, said the United States is considering banning TikTok and other Chinese social media apps over concerns that they collect data from users and share it with the Chinese Communist Party.

“I don’t want to go out in front of [Trump]But it’s something we’re seeing, “said Pompeo.” We’re taking this very seriously. We’re certainly seeing it. “

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Us

Kazakh beach dwellers beat unconscious seal so kids could take photos

Published

on

200708 caspian sea seal beach.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled


A seal was beaten to unconsciousness by a group of men on a beach in Kazakhstan, so that children could take photos with it, according to a report.

The defenseless mammal was swimming in the Caspian Sea in Kuryk when the men launched their attack, the Daily Mail reported.

The video of the haunting assault shows the men hitting the seal with long sticks near the shoreline, and another man hoisting a large rock over his head.

Local media reports said the attack continued until the animal passed out, the Mail reported.

“They beat the seal until he passed out. Then they took it out of the water so that the children could take photos and have fun, ”said one witness in one of the reports. “After that, they threw the motionless body back into the sea. I don’t know if he survived. “

The animal attack occurs the same week that people threw rocks at another seal that was swimming in the water. The video of that incident was released by Kazakh model Yevgeniya Mukasheva.

Caspian seals are listed as endangered species.

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Us

Former teacher Kim Connor jailed for “exploitative” relationship with student

Published

on

kim connor 11.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled

A former drama school teacher in England was sentenced to nine months in prison for forcing one of her students to have an “exploitative” sexual relationship, during which the girl performed alongside her at a Rod Stewart concert, according to the reports.

Kim Connor, a 46-year-old mother of two, began teaching the victim, now 31, at a performing arts school when she was just 9. About six years later, the couple attended West End shows, eating in restaurants and restaurants. even on vacation together, reports The Bury Times.

Connor, who was suspended as director of performing arts at RC High School of St. Monica in Prestwich when the allegations came up, had “taken the best years” of the victim’s life and left her struggling with mental problems, she said in the cut.

Prosecutor Darren Preston said the couple began to be loving by hugging and kissing when the girl was only 14 years old. A year later, Connor and the girl became “more sexual” and the student would stay at the teacher’s house when she was 16 years old. The newspaper reports.

Salford’s Connor gained the trust of the girl’s parents and told her to say she was 21 if someone asked her age in public, the Manchester Evening News reports.

“She knew very well that what she was doing was wrong,” Preston said in March of Connor, who said the sexual relationship began when the girl was 18 years old.

The victim, who said she still suffers from depression due to the illicit relationship that ended when she was 20, reportedly decided to expose the abuse in response to the #MeToo movement.

“What Kim Connor did affected me for years,” the victim told a judge in March. “She told me to keep the relationship a secret, not through emotion, but because it was wrong.”

Manchester Crown Court
Manchester Crown CourtDave Thompson / PA Images via Getty Images

Connor also bought tickets for the West End shows and invited her to sing onstage with her in a choir at a Rod Stewart concert in Manchester, reports The Sun.

Connor, who was sentenced Tuesday, will also have to register as a sex offender, The Bury Times reports.

“This was an abusive relationship and young people in situations like this can be harmed in many ways,” Judg John Edwards told Connor. “You should have taken steps to distance yourself from your victim rather than encourage her.”

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Trending