Connect with us

Us

Jonty Bravery gets life in prison for kicking a boy off Tate Modern’s balcony

Published

on

jonty bravery.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled


On Friday, the British teenager who tried to kill a 6-year-old boy by throwing him off the 10th floor of London’s Tate Modern Gallery was sentenced to life in prison and warned that he may never go out.

Jonty Bravery, who was just 17 at the time of the near-fatal attack last August, was ordered to spend a minimum of 15 years before being eligible for parole after admitting to the attempted murder.

“He will spend most, if not all, of his life in custody,” Judge Maura McGowan told the 18-year-old teenager at London’s Old Bailey, according to The Independent.

“They may never set you free,” he said.

Courage, who laughed after the attack and said he wanted to appear on television news, remains a “serious danger to the public,” the judge said.

The London teenager, who has autism spectrum disorder, followed the procedures via a video link. He showed no emotion in passing the sentence, the France-Presse agency said.

“You choose a young child because of his vulnerability,” McGowan told him, calling Calvary “beyond imagination” for the boy and his parents, according to the British newspaper.

“You had the intention to kill someone that day, you almost killed that six-year-old boy,” he said of his 100-foot drop.

“That boy has suffered permanent and life-changing injuries.”

The relatives of the French victim, who was not named because of her age, did not go to court for the sentence, but the police read a statement on her behalf.

“Words cannot express the horror and fear that his actions have brought to us and to our son who is now wondering why he is in the hospital,” they said of the “indescribable” attack.

“How can someone explain to a child that someone deliberately tried to kill him?”

Her son had “many years” of rehabilitation and physical therapy, is in a wheelchair, has splints on his left arm and both legs, and has trouble sleeping. Family life has been put on hold, they said.

“Have pain. There are no words to express what we are going through, “he said.

With posts

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Us

Two Texas police officers shot dead in response to a domestic disturbance call

Published

on

police siren 1.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled


Two Texas police officers were shot to death in an ambush when they got a call for domestic violence, according to their boss.

McAllen officers Edelmiro Garza, 45, and Ismael Chavez, 39, “never had a chance” when the gunman opened fire in the southern Texas border city on Saturday, Police Chief Victor Rodriguez said.

Gunman Audon Ignacio Camarillo, 23, initially hid behind a car when other officers arrived, shooting and killing himself before he could be arrested, the chief said.

Colleagues of the murdered police officers had no idea of ​​the death of the two officers until they arrived and found their bodies, Rodríguez said.

“We have lost two brave public servants who were only seeking to maintain peace in our city,” Rodriguez, visibly distressed, told The (McAllen) Monitor.

“They were doing their job. That’s what they were supposed to do, “he said.

“Officers never had a chance to suspect a deadly attack on them, much less death.”

Details of the domestic disturbance call to which Garza and Chávez, veterans forcibly for eight and two years respectively, responded, were not immediately known.

Camarillo had some clashes with police from 2016 until his most recent arrest last month on assault charges, according to public records.

Police in several cities in Hidalgo County met Saturday night at McAllen Medical to honor Garza and Chávez. More than 50 police cars were part of a procession that accompanied the bodies of the officers, who were taken to the Hidalgo County pathology for an autopsy.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott, who spoke with Rodríguez, offered the full support of the state and expressed his support through social media.

“Two of our best were killed in the line of duty while working to protect the residents of their community,” Abbott wrote on Twitter. “We join #BackTheBlue.”

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton tweeted that his office will provide the McAllen Police Department with all necessary assistance.

“Our prayers and full support go out to the brave men and women of the #CityofMcAllen PD tonight,” wrote Paxton. “We are thankful for the police in McAllen and in this great state.”

Representative Vicente González de McAllen said in a statement that receiving news of the death of the two agents was “devastating.”
“This is devastating news for our community. My heart breaks for these fallen officers and their families, ”said González. “They served McAllen bravely and honorably and I will keep them in my prayers.”

With posts

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Us

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle hit Beverly Hills in an SUV

Published

on

0442DED7 A266 448E 9DE5 803DAEA91A2F.jpegquality90stripallw1200 scaled


Do what I say, not while I drive?

Despite their green schedule, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry recently traveled through Beverly Hills in a gasoline-powered SUV, the Daily Mail reported Saturday.

Photos obtained by the Post show the former royal couple appearing in a black Cadillac Escalade.

Online reviews have called the low miles-per-gallon Escalade as eco-friendly as a car owner, the Mail noted.

The couple has previously been criticized for urging the planet to save itself from global warming, but to use a private jet for international travel.

Last week, in a video condemning racial injustice, the couple encouraged Britain to “promote prosperity, democracy and peace, amplify the voice of small states and protect the environment.”

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Us

San Gabriel mission devastated by morning fire

Published

on

San Gabriel Mission.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled


The historic Southern California San Gabriel Mission, built in 1771, was devastated by a morning fire on Saturday.

There were no injuries.

According to NBC News, the nearly 250-year-old Roman Catholic mission contained many priceless artifacts that date back to its founding.

Much of the interior and roof were damaged by the fire, which is being investigated by the San Gabriel Fire Department.

Captain Antonio Negrete of the fire department called the scene “heartbreaking.”

Archbishop José Gómez tweeted photos of the destruction asking community members for prayers as repairs begin for the Southern California landmark.

Our beloved #SanGabrielMission, founded in 1771, devastated by fire before dawn. San Junípero Serra, pray for this land that you helped found.

Junipero Serra, who founded the mission, recently came under scrutiny for his colonization and brutalization of the Native Americans who occupied the land before settling there.

The Serra statue in Los Angeles collapsed in June amid numerous protests that erupted across the country calling for the removal of many racist statues.

Another Serra statue was beheaded in Monterrey in 2016.

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Trending