Connect with us

Us

Former Trump aides find strange second acts on Cameo

Published

on

200627 trump aides cameo.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled

Do you need a birthday thank you for that special someone? You could give them Trump’s gift, more or less.

After being fired (and in some cases forcibly removed) from their roles in the White House and in the presidential campaign, many of President Trump’s former aides and officials have begun unlikely second acts in Cameo.

Launched in 2017 by former Microsoft engineer Devon Townsend and NFL agent Martin Blencowe, the company allows celebrities of all skill levels to record personal messages online for fans for a nominal fee.

The ever-expanding Cameo list of Trump alumni includes former deputy assistant to President Sebastian Gorka; former White House Communications Director for Public Liaison, Omarosa Manigault Newman; Anthony Scaramucci, who served as director of communications for the White House for 10 days in July 2017; former press secretary Sean Spicer; former 2016 campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, and Trump’s confidant Roger Stone.

No former Obama administration official is on the website.

“The Trump people have a much more political celebrity,” a former senior campaign official told the Post.

While a greeting from Sean Spicer will set you back $ 199, the other mighty former players could be yours for between $ 45- $ 75, with the talent setting their own fees.

Sean Spicer on Cameo
Sean Spicer on Cameo

“It was a way of generating income and it is very productive. It’s a lot of work because, in all honesty, I’ve had so many orders that I’m having trouble following them, “Stone told The Post, saying the proceeds went to legal expenses in his lengthy fight with Robert Mueller’s investigators.

Stone, who joined the service in March, says he has made around 500 videos so far and has received requests for birthday messages, anniversary greetings, and almost anything else. In a passionate recording, he announced his support for the “Free Britney” movement that opposes family guardianship that prevents the pop star from accessing his fortune.

“I am a gun for hire,” said Stone, who charges $ 75 per message.

The strangest request Omarosa received came from a man who asked him for a video telling his fiancé that he was canceling the engagement.

“He literally wanted me to use the line,” You’re fired. “”

She said she would not, as is the right of any Cameo star.

Former Trump associate and celebrity “Apprentice,” who infamously registered top White House officials before her own best-seller, calls herself “the birthday greeting queen” and charges $ 49 per pop.

Sebastian Gorka and Corey Lewandowski appear in Cameo videos.
Sebastian Gorka and Corey Lewandowski appear in Cameo videos.

Scaramucci, a longtime financier who doesn’t need quick cash, says he has made 973 videos so far at $ 50 each, with all the money going to charity. Spicer donates his proceeds to pancreatic cancer research and veterans organizations.

“I don’t make money on that … I probably make 10 a week and it takes me about a minute each,” Spicer told the Post. “I’ve seen it as a small way to raise money for causes that matter to me.”

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Us

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle hit Beverly Hills in an SUV

Published

on

0442DED7 A266 448E 9DE5 803DAEA91A2F.jpegquality90stripallw1200 scaled


Do what I say, not while I drive?

Despite their green schedule, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry recently traveled through Beverly Hills in a gasoline-powered SUV, the Daily Mail reported Saturday.

Photos obtained by the Post show the former royal couple appearing in a black Cadillac Escalade.

Online reviews have called the low miles-per-gallon Escalade as eco-friendly as a car owner, the Mail noted.

The couple has previously been criticized for urging the planet to save itself from global warming, but to use a private jet for international travel.

Last week, in a video condemning racial injustice, the couple encouraged Britain to “promote prosperity, democracy and peace, amplify the voice of small states and protect the environment.”

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Us

San Gabriel mission devastated by morning fire

Published

on

San Gabriel Mission.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled


The historic Southern California San Gabriel Mission, built in 1771, was devastated by a morning fire on Saturday.

There were no injuries.

According to NBC News, the nearly 250-year-old Roman Catholic mission contained many priceless artifacts that date back to its founding.

Much of the interior and roof were damaged by the fire, which is being investigated by the San Gabriel Fire Department.

Captain Antonio Negrete of the fire department called the scene “heartbreaking.”

Archbishop José Gómez tweeted photos of the destruction asking community members for prayers as repairs begin for the Southern California landmark.

Our beloved #SanGabrielMission, founded in 1771, devastated by fire before dawn. San Junípero Serra, pray for this land that you helped found.

Junipero Serra, who founded the mission, recently came under scrutiny for his colonization and brutalization of the Native Americans who occupied the land before settling there.

The Serra statue in Los Angeles collapsed in June amid numerous protests that erupted across the country calling for the removal of many racist statues.

Another Serra statue was beheaded in Monterrey in 2016.

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Us

John Wayne’s exhibition will be dismantled at USC due to the actor’s perceived intolerance

Published

on

1EA9D790 1245 4B23 A9D9 3F00EB972567.jpegquality90stripallw1200 scaled


A film school in California is canceling its John Wayne show because of what administrators call the late actor’s story of bigoted and homophobic statements.

The School of Motion Picture Arts at the University of Southern California announced last week that it would remove the interior exhibit, which featured stock photos and costumes from movies, accessories, and memorabilia.

The move was announced by the school via Twitter.

Wayne, who attended USC in the 1920s, told Playboy magazine in 1971: “I believe in white supremacy.”

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Trending