Connect with us

Us

Amsterdam’s red light district to lift coronavirus shutdown this week

Published

on

coronavirus amsterdam 1.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled


Amsterdam’s red light district just got the green light to get out of their coronavirus shutdown.

Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said sex workers could return to routine starting Wednesday as daily COVID-19 deaths in the Netherlands fell to single digits, the UK Sunday Telegraph reported.

“It is a contact job like the hairdresser and the masseur, so you should ask in advance if [clients] it has some symptoms, “Rutte warned.

The prime minister said he had requested information “on which positions were possible and which were not” from the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, “but there were no further explanations.”

Still, at least one union has advised sex workers to adhere to a strict safety protocol, including wearing latex gloves and face masks to protect themselves and their clients.

Red Light Union also suggested avoiding kissing, oral sex, and only offering positions where they don’t have to face someone else, according to the Daily Mail.

Many of the country’s sex workers have been financially affected by the shutdown, which started on March 16 and closed all schools, bars, restaurants, gyms and contact professions like yours.

Activist, webcam and porn performer Yvette Luhrs told a local radio station that the next reopening was bittersweet.

“It took too long for a colleague who finished everything earlier this week,” she told NOS Radio 1. “But also for people who have been evicted from their homes, and sex workers who simply had to keep working and were at risk.”

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Us

Kanye West stops supporting Trump in interview on 2020 presidential race

Published

on

200708 kanye west trump.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled

Rapper Kanye West no longer supports President Trump, he announced Tuesday in an extensive interview.

Speaking to Forbes magazine, the billionaire sneaker tycoon, who announced his 2020 bid on Sunday, said he was “taking off his red hat, with this interview.”

West, who admitted in the interview that he had never voted before, did not provide specific reasons for his decision to stop supporting the president.

Instead, he said he had lost confidence in Trump and said, “It looks like a huge disaster to me.” I don’t like that he caught wind that he hid in the bunker. “

If President Trump was not yet the Republican candidate, West told the magazine that he would run as a Republican, adding that “I will run as an independent if Trump is there.”

President-elect Donald Trump and Kanye West are together in the lobby of the Trump Tower.
fake pictures

He said his third will be called “the birthday party” and added: “Because when we win, it’s everyone’s birthday.”

He noted that his two main advisers are his first supporters, Kim Kardashian and Elon Musk.

West went on to explain his original support for the president, saying that “Trump is the closest president we have had in years to allow God to remain part of the conversation.”

When asked about the Democratic party, West did not throw punches.

“That is a form of racism and white supremacy and white control to say that all black people need to be a Democrat and to assume that I am running is that I am dividing the vote.” Democrats are uploading all of that information to social media platforms. And the Democrats used to tell me, the Democrats themselves have threatened me … The reason this is the first day I registered to vote is because I was scared. They told me that if I voted for Trump, my music career would end. They threatened to be at a party.

“I was threatened as a black man in the Democratic Party. And that’s what Democrats are doing, emotionally, to my people. Threatening them to the point where this white man can tell a black man that if you don’t vote for me, you’re not black, “he said.

West has not taken any concrete steps to run to run for president, including declaring his candidacy.

In October 2018, he delivered an F-bomb and a cursing-filled tirade during a meeting in the Oval Office, after which President Trump said the rapper with the MAGA hat could one day fill his shoes as commander-in-chief.

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Us

Two of Thomas Jefferson’s descendants want their DC monument to be replaced

Published

on

thomas jefferson 03.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled


According to a report, two descendants of Thomas Jefferson said they wanted to replace his DC memorial because it glorifies the third president as Founding Father without providing context for his slavery.

Lucian Truscott, who is white, is a descendant of sixth-generation Jefferson, and Shannon LaNier, who is black, is a ninth-generation descendant of the former president and Sally Hemings, one of his slaves, CNN reported.

“I believe that many of these public statues were placed for the wrong reasons and to glorify people who were flawed. We have to start looking at these people as human beings, not gods, not idols, “LaNier told the network on Tuesday.

In response to the recent removal of monuments by activists across the United States, President Trump has signed an executive order for the creation of a “National Garden” of statues, including one of Jefferson.

The former president owned hundreds of slaves during his lifetime, but he is remembered for his famous writing: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.”

“He said one thing, but he didn’t practice it,” LaNier told CNN. “People have been giving him a pass for years because he helped found this country, but he also helped to do it behind the backs of the slaves, either because of the sweat of blood and the tears they had to put in order to do it.”

Truscott said he grew up playing at Monticello, Jefferson’s home in Virginia, which he says is a much more appropriate tribute to his ancestor.

“If you visit Monticello now, you will take a tour and learn as much about the life of slaves at Monticello as about Jefferson himself,” Truscott told CNN. “I think it gives a complete picture of Jefferson with his flaws and greatness intact.”

Truscott suggested replacing the Jefferson Memorial with a tribute to Harriet Tubman, leader of the subway, whom he described as one of the “founding mothers” of the United States.

“I think we have paid enough attention to the founding fathers over the years and it is time to celebrate some of the women who helped found this country,” she said.

“I describe that Harriet Tubman helped found the America that arose after slavery,” added Truscott.

LaNier said the Jefferson Memorial could also be replaced by a symbol of unity.

“We are not erasing history, we are teaching the full story of what these people are and what they did for and for our country,” he said.

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Us

Fans Create Petition to Rename New York’s Longacre Theater to Nick Cordero

Published

on

Cordero Longare.jpgquality90stripallw1200 scaled


Fans launched a petition to rename the Longacre Theater in New York City in memory of Broadway star Nick Cordero, who died Sunday of complications from the coronavirus.

The Longacre, which was home to Cordero’s latest Broadway show “A Bronx Tale”, was built in 1912 and is currently named Longacre Square, the original name of Times Square. The renamed theater would be called “The Nick Cordero Theater”.

The petition had more than 26,000 signatures on Tuesday.

“Bron A Bronx Tale, The Musical” was the last Broadway show starring Nick Cordero. This musical set a record as the longest-running musical in Longacre’s history, “the petition read.

“With the passing of this incredibly talented and beloved Broadway star, it is the perfect keepsake for him and his family’s legacy, to ensure that his name will always come to light in the Broadway Community.”

Cordero, who was 41 at the time of his death, was admitted to Cedar-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles in April. His right leg was amputated and he was kept in a medically induced coma for most of his hospital stay.

A GoFundMe, created after Cordero’s death to help support his wife, Amanda Cloots, as well as their son Elvis, has more than $ 984,630 with the original goal set at $ 48,000.

.

News
Source From ”Nypost.com”

Continue Reading

Trending